At The Hunting Club, we know privacy is important to you – it is to us too. That’s why we’re committed to maintaining your trust by protecting your privacy, keeping you informed about how we handle your personal information and keeping your personal information safe and secure. This Privacy Statement applies to The Hunting Club and all Australian-based subsidiaries of The Hunting Club Group.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
The Hunting Club is multi-faceted. That means there are lots of ways you interact with us, and many ways we might collect personal information about you. We may collect your personal information when you:
- Become a member
- Shop on our online store
- Contact our customer services team
- Create or update an account with us,
- Order, purchase or use one of our products or services
- Interact with us in person, on our website or on our mobile apps
- Fill in an application online
- Undertake a transaction online
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect may include:
- Contact information – for example, your name, address, phone number or email for purposes such as providing our services, or communicating with you
- Identity information – for example, your ID document details for purposes such as facilitating some financial transactions or for us to verify your identity
- Financial information – The Hunting Club uses Paypal for all transactions, see: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full for more information on their privacy policies.
- Information when you visit our websites or use our mobile apps – for example browser type, or your IP address
Why do we collect, hold, use and share personal information
The primary reason we collect, use or share your personal information is to enable the delivery, development and improvement of our products and services and to keep you informed.
We may also collect, use, or share this personal information for other purposes, such as:
- to send you membership packages or other items and service messages about important updates impacting our services
- to contact you or reach customers like you about our other products and services, either directly, such as via email or mail, or via other channels, including social media platforms and websites. Sometimes, you might tick a box to let us know you would like to receive marketing, and sometimes we might gather from your interactions and relationship with us, that you would like to hear about our other products and services. You can always opt out of marketing by following the instructions on the message, email or letter you receive or by reaching out to our customer services team on the contact details below
- to develop and improve our products and services and improve the safety of our people, customers and community. Sometimes this may involve combining data that we have with other sources of data and information from other sources and organisations such as the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
- to produce and provide insights, trends, and other relevant information to the public and our customers in a way that does not identify you to anyone receiving the insight and trend information
- where permitted, authorised or required by an applicable law, such as to Australian Government agencies, international governmental agencies, the Australian Crime Intelligence Commission (ACIC), State or Federal Police
- to verify your identity in person or digitally, using third-party business partners to check your details back to the source
- to process your application for our products or services
- to better understand your personal preferences when you use our products, services, and website, and to adapt your experience to best suit you
- to link your accounts and product or service holdings, to provide you with a more seamless user experience
- to identify and better interact with your device using cookies or other similar technologies.
When do we share personal information
To fulfil some of the activities we’ve mentioned, we may need to share your personal information with other parties. These may include specialist information technology companies, cloud service providers. We require these parties to protect your information as carefully as we do. Sometimes, this may also include our own subsidiaries.
Where you undertake a transaction processed by us on behalf of an agency or merchant, we may also share some information back with that third party to complete the transaction or keep them informed.
The Hunting Club believes it is important to provide added protection for children. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
When we provide a product or service that intentionally collects personal information from children, such as a minor membership, we will use reasonable efforts to confirm parent or guardian consent prior to the collection and use of personal information. The way we do this may vary depending on the information, product, service, or event that the child wishes to participate in. Consent may take a variety of forms such as printing and submitting a permission form by mail, or online consent such as by ticking an online check box that parental or guardian consent has been obtained.
Parents or guardians may, subject to any applicable laws, request that information collected from their child be deleted.
Access to personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information, and we want to make it easy for you to do so. The information you would like access to may be on your Hunting Club account, or easily accessible by contacting our customer services team.
If you can’t find what you’re after, you can contact us via our details below. Once we receive your request, and subject to relevant privacy laws, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time – usually within 30 days. We ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested. In some cases, we may need to verify your identity before we share information with you.
We may not be able to provide access to all your personal information. In some situations, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, where giving access to your information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals, or would pose a serious threat to the life, health, or safety of any individual or to public health or public safety.
Correction of personal information
Ensuring your personal information is accurate and up to date is crucial for the delivery of many of our services, and you have a right to request the correction of your personal information. We try to make this easy for you, and you’ll see opportunities to update your details throughout our product and service offerings. If you’re unsure about how to do this, you can contact our customer services team on the contact details listed below.
Complaints and how complaints are handled
We understand that from time to time, you may have queries or concerns about how we handle your personal information. We’re committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any of your complaints or concerns about privacy.
Our customer services team is well equipped to assist and respond to many requests and if you raise a privacy concern requiring further escalation, your enquiry is sent through to our team for review and guidance.
How to contact us
To contact us with a privacy related complaint or a privacy question, you can:
Email us at: http://www.thehuntingclub.com.au/contact/
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. The version you are reading now was updated in July 2021.